In May 1915, works had progressed at Lock 1 site with the head and tail towers, needed for the flying fox.
The second side of the tail tower for cableway was framed and bolted together, and rails were laid for travelling head tower; the car was assembled on its wheels and one side of the head tower was framed and bolted together. A small amount of grading was done to make a place for the shop, cement shed and store. The framework for office building was started. (1915 04 30 State Records of SA GRG53 16 Unit 860 file 676, Engineer Cutting’s report.)